Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West: Designate Independent Non-executive Member of the proposed NHS Integrated Care Board
Share this role
- NHS Improvement
- Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West
- £13k - £16k depending on time and experience
- Closing date:
- 28 January 2022 at 23:59
- Job Ref:
In the heart of the Thames Valley is our Integrated Care System (ICS). It covers the geography across three counties and is coterminous with the local authority boundaries of Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham. Our geography covers a population of nearly 1.8 million and comprises the following local authorities and providers:
- Local authorities: Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Reading, West Berkshire, Wokingham
- NHS Providers: Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust, South Central Ambulance Services NHS Foundation Trust
Applicants should live in the area served by the ICS or be able to demonstrate strong connections with it.
As an independent non-executive member for an NHS ICB, you will help to shape a long-term, viable plan for the delivery of the functions, duties, and objectives of the ICB, and for the stewardship of public money.
You will bring independent oversight and constructive challenge to the priorities, plans and performance of the ICB executive team, and promote open and transparent decision-making that facilitates consensus.
You will need to operate beyond traditional organisational boundaries, driving forward the vision of integration, collaboration and system-working, by forging productive relationships across local health, social care and voluntary partners.
You will have a key role in ensuring that the voice and needs of patients and communities are central to ICB discussions and decisions, so that strategies and services are inclusive and accessible to the whole population and deliver the best possible health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting (at least) the following two roles:
- ICB Independent Non-Executive Member (Remuneration)
- ICB Independent Non-Executive Member (Audit)
Final appointment as Independent Non-Executive Member would be dependent on the passage of the Health and Care Bill, and, subject to any potential amendments made to that Bill, be made formally by the ICB Chair on establishment.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know through experience that the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better patient outcomes. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s age, disability, sex, gender, identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or other personal circumstances. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustment for people who have a disability.
Find out more
To view the role description and person specification, please refer to the Applicant Information Pack (available to download on the left).
- Before making an application, we strongly recommend you have an informal and confidential discussion about the role with our recruitment partners Hunter Healthcare Jenny Adrian or Rhiannon Smith, who can be contacted by email: email@example.com or phone: 07939 250362
How to Apply
To apply online you will need information available to upload. Please ensure you have this available before proceeding further:
- an up to date CV that includes your address and preferred contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- A supporting statement that highlights your skills and experience and allows insights on your values and motivations for applying for the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles that demonstrates you have the knowledge, skills and competencies to deliver this role, as outlined in the person specification
- The names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity (or senior stakeholders), and cover your most recent roles and employer, and any regulated health or social care activity.
You will also be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form and answer some questions about criteria that may disqualify you from appointment.
It is important that you read our privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how Hunter-healthcare will use your data