North West London: Designate Independent Non-executive Member of the proposed NHS Integrated Care Board
Share this role
- NHS Improvement
- North West London
- £13k - £16k depending on time and experience
- Closing date:
- 7 February 2022 at 23:59
- Job Ref:
North West London ICS comprises 2.4 million people and the following NHS and local councils alongside voluntary, community and independent provider organisations:
- 8 London Boroughs: Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster
- 4 Acute Trusts: Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (ChelWest), The Hillingdon Hospital Trust (THHT), Imperial College Healthcare Trust (ICHT), London North West Healthcare Trust (LNWUT)
- 4 Community and Mental Health Trusts: Central London Community Healthcare Trust (CLCH), Central and North West London Trust (CNWL), Hounslow and Richmond Community Trust (H&RCH), West London Trust (WLT)
- 2 Specialist Providers: Royal Marsden and the Brompton and Harefield - whilst structurally part of another ICS, deliver critical services to our population and hence form part of our plans
- 1 London Ambulance Service
- Over 1,5000 voluntary organisations and 50,000 volunteers
- 350 GP practices organised into 45 PCNs
- 276 care homes (including hospices and other specialist providers)
- A number of independent providers e.g., LCW and Care UK (111), Greenbrooks (UTCs)
Find out more
To view the role description and person specification, please refer to the Applicant Information Pack (available to download on the left).
- To view the role description and person specification, please refer to the Applicant Information Pack (available to download on the left).
If you have any general queries, please contact: Alex Richmond – email@example.com
As an independent non-executive member for an NHS ICB, you will help to shape a long-term, viable plan for the delivery of the functions, duties, and objectives of the ICB, and for the stewardship of public money.
You will bring independent oversight and constructive challenge to the priorities, plans and performance of the ICB executive team, and promote open and transparent decision-making that facilitates consensus.
You will need to operate beyond traditional organisational boundaries, driving forward the vision of integration, collaboration and system-working, by forging productive relationships across local health, social care and voluntary partners.
You will have a key role in ensuring that the voice and needs of patients and communities are central to ICB discussions and decisions, so that strategies and services are inclusive and accessible to the whole population, and deliver the best possible health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting two Non-executive roles who will be full voting members of the Board:
- Chair of Audit and Risk Committee
- Chair of Quality and Performance Committee
How to Apply
To apply online you will need to provide this information:
- an up to date CV that includes your address and preferred contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- A supporting statement that highlights your skills and experience and allows insights on your values and motivations for applying for the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles that demonstrates you have the knowledge, skills and competencies to deliver this role, as outlined in the person specification
- The names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity (or senior stakeholders), and cover your most recent roles and employer, and any regulated health or social care activity
You will also be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form and answer some questions about criteria that may disqualify you from appointment.
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as an employment agency advisor to North West London ICS on this appointment.
It is important that you read this privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how Saxton Bampfylde will use your data.
To apply, please submit your application to www.saxbam.com/appointments using reference AASAKB by noon on the closing date of 7 February, 2022 at 23:59 and complete this online diversity monitoring form.