South West London: Designate Independent Non-executive Member of the proposed NHS Integrated Care Board
Share this role
- NHS Improvement
- South West London
- £13k - £16k depending on time and experience
- Closing date:
- 14th February 2022 at 23:59
- Job Ref:
The South West London Health and Care Partnership covers a population of just over 1.5 million people and comprises the following NHS and local councils alongside voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations:
- Our six local authorities: Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Richmond, Sutton and Wandsworth
- Our acute and community providers: Central London Community Healthcare, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust, Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, The Royal Marsden Foundation Trust, St George’s NHS Foundation Trust, and Your Healthcare
- Our two mental health providers: South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust, South London and the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- GP Federations in each of the six boroughs
- London Ambulance Service
- Voluntary sector
Find out more
To view the role description and person specification, please refer to the Applicant Information Pack (available to download on the left).
- Before making an application, we strongly recommend you have an informal and confidential discussion about the role with the Designate ICB Chair, Millie Bannerjee. Please contact Layla Egwenu Layla.Egwenu@swlondon.nhs.uk to arrange.
- If you have any general queries, please contact Jenny Adrian and Rhiannon Smith at Hunter Healthcare on 07939 250362 or by email at email@example.com
As an independent non-executive member for an NHS ICB, you will help to shape a long-term, viable plan for the delivery of the functions, duties, and objectives of the ICB, and for the stewardship of public money.
You will bring independent oversight and constructive challenge to the priorities, plans and performance of the ICB executive team, and promote open and transparent decision-making that facilitates consensus.
You will need to operate beyond traditional organisational boundaries, driving forward the vision of integration, collaboration and system-working, by forging productive relationships across local health, social care and voluntary partners.
You will have a key role in ensuring that the voice and needs of patients and communities are central to ICB discussions and decisions, so that strategies and services are inclusive and accessible to the whole population, and deliver the best possible health outcomes for all.
We are recruiting the following roles:
- Chair of the Audit Committee
- Chair of the Remuneration Committee
- 2 x General Member
How to Apply
To apply you will need to provide this information:
- an up to date CV that includes your address and preferred contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- A supporting statement that highlights your skills and experience and allows insights on your values and motivations for applying for the role. You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles that demonstrates you have the knowledge, skills and competencies to deliver this role, as outlined in the person specification
- The names, positions, organisations and contact details for 3 referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity (or senior stakeholders), and cover your most recent roles and employer, and any regulated health or social care activity
- It is important that you read our privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how Hunter-healthcare will use your data
- You will also be asked to complete this online diversity monitoring form and answer some questions about criteria that may disqualify you from appointment.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SWLNEM