West Yorkshire: Designate Independent Non-executive Member of the proposed NHS Integrated Care Board
Share this role
- NHS Improvement
- West Yorkshire
- £13k - £16k depending on time and experience
- Closing date:
- 31 January 2022 at 23:59
- Job Ref:
West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership (WY HCP) is a large integrated care system (ICS) that supports 2.4 million people, living in urban and rural areas. 770,000 are children and young people. 530,000 people live in areas ranked in the most deprived 10% of England. 20% of people are from minority ethnic communities. There are an estimated 400,000 unpaid carers, as many don’t access support. Together we employ over 100,000 staff and work alongside thousands of volunteers.
Clinical Commissioning Groups
- NHS Bradford District and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group
- Bradford Metropolitan District Council
- Calderdale Council
- Craven District Council
- Harrogate Borough Council
- Kirklees Council
- Leeds City Council
- North Yorkshire County Council
- Wakefield Council
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Local Community Partnerships
- The Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Other organisations involved
- NHS England
- NHS Improvement
- Public Health England
- Health Education England
Find out more
To view the role description and person specification, please refer to the Applicant Information Pack (available to download on the left).
If you would like to have a confidential informal discussion about any of the roles, please contact:
- Rob Webster, Chief Executive (Designate), NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Elliott, Chair (Designate), NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board via email email@example.com
- If you have any general queries, please contact Suzie Tilburn, Associate Director of HR and Organisational Development via firstname.lastname@example.org
As an independent non-executive member for NHS West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board (ICB) you will help to shape a long-term, viable plan for the delivery of the functions, duties, and objectives of the ICB, and for the stewardship of public money.
You will bring independent oversight and constructive challenge to the priorities, plans and performance of the ICB executive team, and promote open and transparent decision-making that facilitates consensus.
You will need to operate beyond traditional organisational boundaries, driving forward the vision of integration, collaboration, and system-working, by forging productive relationships across local health, social care, voluntary community social enterprise partners.
You will have a key role in ensuring that the voice and needs of patients and communities are central to ICB discussions and decisions, so that strategies and services are inclusive and accessible to the whole population and deliver the best possible health outcomes for all.
We are looking for three new independent non-executive directors to join a new statutory board for our award-winning West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership. Successful candidates will join a team of senior leaders who strive to improve the health and wellbeing of people living in Bradford District and Craven, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, and Wakefield.
As one of the country’s leading integrated care systems we are now enhancing our work due to forthcoming legislative changes, subject to parliamentary approval. By July 2022, we will formalise our successful health and care partnership of over five years based on distributive leadership and subsidiarity.
We are recruiting the following roles:
- Independent non-executive member for audit, finance and innovation
- Independent non-executive member for quality and workforce
- Independent non-executive member for citizens and future generations.
How to Apply
To apply you will need to provide this information:
- A CV that includes your address and preferred contact details, highlighting and explaining any gaps in your employment history
- A supporting statement that highlights your skills and experience and allows insights on your values and motivations for applying for the role
- You should outline your personal responsibility and achievement within previous roles that demonstrates you have the knowledge, skills, and competencies to deliver this role, as outlined in the person specification
- The names, positions, organisations, and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity (or senior stakeholders), and cover your most recent roles and employer, and any regulated health or social care activity.
You will also be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form and answer some questions about criteria that may disqualify you from appointment.
To apply, please visit www.odgers.com/84807 or contact our advising consultants at Odgers Berndtson at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the closing date of 31 January 2022 and complete this online diversity monitoring form